10 Things I Love About World of Warcraft

There really is a lot to love about the super popular game World of Warcraft. I've been playing for 7 years so I have a good top 10 list of things I love about it to share!

#10- Addicting!
 This game is absolutely addicting! From creating a character and leveling it to collecting pets, mounts and progression raiding at end-game. I've done it all and it's very easy to get hooked!

#9- The Trinity
 Not everyone knows what this is. When we say trinity while speaking of MMOs, it specifically means three roles to play: Tank, Damage, & Healer. Not all MMOs have it and many players prefer to have these options. While healing is my favorite, I love dealing damage as well! Tank is interesting but not my cup of tea.



#8- Updated Graphics
 Aside from keeping their color scheme consistent to some degree, Blizzard has also updated their graphics since the expansion Cataclysm. I think Mists of Pandaria is the most beautiful! One look at the zones and you will see some beautiful landscape!

WoW, WoD graphics


#7- Flying!
 One of the few games that introduced flying in an MMO and I think it was the best move they ever made. Some would argue that it detracts from the immersion but I have to disagree. For my playstyle, it enhances my immersion and makes me love the game that much more!

#6- Account Bound Collections
 No more having to collect that same pet or mount for your new alts! It's very convenient and less frustrating knowing I don't have to do the entire reputation questline to get another Winterspring Frostsaber or spend hours in Storm Peaks hunting the ever-elusive Time-Lost Proto Drake! I know you feel me on this one!

WoW, Mounts, Time-Lost Proto Drake, Collections


#5- Lore
 Who doesn't love a good story? World of Warcraft has a main story for their Lore as well as hundreds upon hundreds of mini-stories throughout the game. The current most-entertaining one is where things get started in Silverpine Forest to lead you up to "Welcome To The Machine" in Hillsbrad Foothills on the Horde faction. I highly recommend you do this questline!

#4- Treasures!
 During Mists of Pandaria, Blizzard decided it'd be fun to have little treasures tucked away in various zones. Most zones had up to 5 while others had none. If you were under level 90, finding and collecting these treasures gave a huge experience reward. With Warlords of Draenor, we have hundreds of treasures to find in every zone!

WoW, treasures, experience


#3- Transmogrification or Transmogs
 Many players were asking to be able to dye their gear since Burning Crusade. Blizzard's answer came in the form of Transmogrification- altering your gear to look like another piece. Just pay a little gold and you can have an entire outfit of your favorite armor!

#2- Achievements
 For some of us, we are a little bit of "completionists". We like to complete all questlines, all events, collect all the pets, mounts and toys, etc. This earns us virtual notoriety in the form of Achievement Points that sometimes also reward us cool titles! My favorite is "The Scenaturdist".

WoW, achievements, Scenaturday


#1- Quests
 Not everyone likes to quest. Some deplore it altogether and would rather do things like older MMOs used to and just kill mobs in groups at a time, over and over and over. Going hand-in-hand with #4 on this list, I love doing quests! Sometimes they tell a great mini-story and sometimes your character is made to jump through obstacles and avoid certain failure! This comes back to the Questlines- my favorite right now is the Harrison Jones achievement quests that send you out into the world in search of various things using clues he gives you. It's also very rewarding at 150 gold when you finish each line!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Derogatory or flaming/negative comments will not be approved.